Saturday, November 05, 2016

the plan


Mike and I spent the morning at the funeral for our neighbor, a young 33 year old father of three whose life ended after a brave two year battle with cancer. I have been in a position to help his wife for the past few months and I have marveled at her strength and courage. But today was a hard day. In the midst of sorrow, however, there is hope--hope for an eternity together for this family who was separated prematurely. Hope for brighter, happier days ahead, all made possible through the sacrifice of our Savior. I am thankful for the Plan of Happiness. Death is part of this plan, but I believe that because of Jesus Christ, death is just a doorway back to our Heavenly Father's presence. This belief brings me peace and comfort during difficult times, and I am thankful for it.

To learn more about what Mormons believe about life after death, look here.

Photo of the pretty skies above the Mogollon Rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!