Friday, January 23, 2015

happy weekend


This week was a good one - full of busy and happy things. I felt like I was on top of my game, which was such a nice change from the past little while. Good health is not something to take for granted, and I am grateful to have felt healthy and strong again.

Some good things that happened this week:

Mabel won the Geography Bee at her school! It was fun to watch her up on stage. She kept her cool and used her brain, two very difficult things to do when you're in the spotlight in front of a crowd. (She's third from the right in the photo.)

Elliot started soccer! About a year and a half ago, when I was tucking him into bed at night, he started asking me if he had soccer practice the next day. Every night. For months and months and months. He is finally old enough to participate in our little neighborhood league. His first practice was yesterday and it was everything he hoped it'd be. I am so happy for him.

What made you happy this week?

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Mabel for the Geo Bee win! These motherhood moments are so exciting.
    My daughter has participated in this as well, and we love it! A little nerve wracking and fun all wrapped in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have that awesome neighborhood soccer league! We sure loved that! Keith considered taking our kids over there again! But we got them into a league here and they love it so that's good too (it's just not as close).
    Hooray for Mabel! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!