Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I left my heart in California, part 2.


Because I grew up in Orange County, we hardly ever had a reason to visit San Diego, so this was my first real trip there. Mike's mom had a major birthday this year, so she decided to take us all on vacation to celebrate. We even had matching t-shirts. Isn't she the best?


We stayed in Mission Beach, and we had the most wonderful time. It was gloomy in the mornings (which felt wonderful to my desert-parched soul), and sunny in the afternoons - perfect for sitting under an umbrella in a sweater with a good book. Oh, it was heaven!


Stella is my bathing beauty. And do your husbands bury your children in sand, too? Why is that such a dad thing to do?


The cold didn't seem to bother Oliver one bit. He was almost always wet, especially once we put him on a boogie board.


What's more fun than being at the beach? Being at the beach with cousins, of course! I love Ellie's face in this one (she's in the pink suit).


I seriously never wanted to leave.

7 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave except you have that darling house in Arizona. Just wish you were here.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love San Diego too. If it wasn't such a busy place I'd probably want to live there. How fun to get to go with all of Mike's family. Glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally look like Leslie in that picture! Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pics and so happy you had a fun time! just thought I'd share- the pic of your cutie buried like that- we did it to one of ours last year too- my husband wasn't there- but he's a fireman and said that the weight of the sand can collapse on people buried like that- they can suffocate-I think it's even not allowed at some/most beaches. just thought i'd share for safety reasons- no intentions of being mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your concern, jody! i really appreciate it. i had no idea it could be so dangerous. luckily, as soon as i snapped this photo we pulled him out. i definitely won't let that happen again.

      Delete
    2. my lesson learned, too! :)

      Delete
  5. I love those shirts, and I am excited for you that you got to wear a sweater! :) The trip looks totally dreamy, I'm already really excited for next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!