Monday, December 17, 2012

to you from me


You know how when something major or tragic happens, nothing else seems at all important except being with your family? That's sort of how I feel right now. Plus, it's almost Christmas, and being present at home just feels extra right.

I've been thinking about what happened in Connecticut this weekend, and my heart has been heavy. It is my faith in my Father in Heaven, His son, Jesus Christ, and their plan for me and my family that brings me the most comfort in times like these. I pray that those affected by the tragedy can feel that same peace, especially during this Christmas season.

So I will wish you and yours a very merry Christmas (a little bit early), and I hope to see you back here in a couple of weeks.


p.s. This essay about God and Newtown was my favorite.

11 comments:

  1. I think you said it right on! have a great xmas time with your family. did i tell you my parents stay at the Valle Del Oro every winter there in mesa and want us to visit! maybe we can stop by:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! We have a guest room. We'd love to have you stay with us!

      Delete
  2. I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you guys! loved your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make your own card? If so will you pretty please tell me what font you used? So pretty! And your family and the background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from minted. I highly recommend them! They were so fast and my cards turned out just how I wanted them.

      Delete
  5. I love reading your blog. And I absolutely love your Christmas card. Beautiful photo. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Christmas card! Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you get subtle waves in your hair like that?? Do you mind telling all...it looks sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful family...oh you make me want to live in the desert with all your sunset and oranges pictures! :) Thank you for being such a good blog friend and have a wonderful peace-filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your family picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!