Wednesday, November 01, 2017

for the opportunity to serve

Welcome, November!

It is my favorite month of the whole year. Not only because the weather here in Arizona changes overnight from hot to perfect (our air conditioner didn't turn on once today!), but because Thanksgiving falls in November, and there is nothing better to brighten spirits and bring joy than focusing on gratitude.

I know I hardly ever blog anymore, but I didn't want this month to pass without doing my traditional daily gratitude posts. I look forward to it every year! I hope you'll follow along and think about what you are grateful for each day, too.


I spent the afternoon and evening working in our local soup kitchen with a group of teenagers. Our ward's youth are invited to help there a few times a year and today was one of those days. I wish you could have felt the energy in that kitchen! It was buzzing with work and kindness and so many smiles. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with the youth and to serve good people in our town who need a helping hand. 

President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." I have a testimony of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!