Thursday, November 02, 2017

for forgiveness


You know when you are angry with someone and you don't want to be angry, but it's like there's a heavy, hot stone inside you of you that is weighing you down and burning you up inside? But then all of a sudden the stone is gone and you feel free and light and full of love? It's like a switch gets flipped and all of those angry and hurt feelings vanish. That is what forgiveness feels like to me.

I am grateful for forgiveness- for the forgiveness of my family and neighbors, but mostly for the forgiveness offered by our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. I will fall short much of the time. We all will. Heavenly Father knew this, and so He gave us a way to overcome our shortcomings through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that I can repent and try again and again and again. There is joy at the end of all of that, and I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!