Monday, September 25, 2017

Sharon Eubank for President


Last Saturday was Women's Conference. Did you watch? Oh, it was good. I found myself feverishly writing notes, especially during Sister Sharon Eubank's talk. She was so fresh and bold and inspiring! I thought I'd share my favorite things she said:

"Each of us needs to be better at articulating the reasons for our faith. Use your voice and your power to articulate what you know and feel. Tell why you believe and what it feels like and if you ever doubted and how you got through it and what Jesus Christ means to you."

"Innovation and creation are spiritual gifts. When we keep our covenants it may make us different from others and our culture and society, but it gives us access to inspiration so we can think of different solutions and different approaches and different applications. We aren't always going to fit in with the world, but being different in positive ways can be a lifeline to other people who are struggling."

"There is an energy that comes from happiness and optimism that doesn't just bless us. It builds everyone around us."

"I appeal to each of you to put yourself in a place where you can feel the generous love God has for you. You cannot put yourself beyond the reach of that love. And when you love Him, you will repent and keep His commandments. And when you keep His commandments, He can use you in His work. His work and glory is the exaltation and eternal life of women and men."

You can watch her entire talk (so good!) here.

7 comments:

  1. The whole meeting was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I had to teach RS yesterday and a different lesson planned but after listening to her Saturday evening I switched and did a lesson on this talk! The ladies all loved the talk and it was a great discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her delivery is refreshing, I didn't know a lot about her, and found this talk of hers she gave at women's conference this last May, and it was wonderful too! What an inspiring, smart, needed voice! https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-society/messages-from-leaders/eubank-womens-conference-keynote-2017?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  4. she was so good! i loved this talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
    President

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I thought her talk was fantastic. And Sister Jones, and Pres U. Really good messages that I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud at your post title because that’s what I thought! This lady is so inspiring and spoke write to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!