Friday, March 24, 2017

happy weekend


I went downstairs to make the kids' beds yesterday morning (as I do every morning) and found Elliot's bed already made! What a kid. He won the prize for favorite yesterday for sure. Cleaning is totally the way to my heart.

This week I pulled out a dress pattern I've had (and have never used) since high school. It's been a long time since I've sewn something for myself, and I had such a good time working on it. The funny thing about sewing clothing is that you are making a decision based on a picture. Then you spend lots and lots of hours constructing something that you might not even like once it's finished! Ha! Good thing I like the dress I just spent all week making. I've made lots of things in the past that I ended up not liking, and that's no fun.

Don't forget about Women's Conference tomorrow! You can see how to watch it here. It's always such a nice, uplifting meeting. I look forward to watching it with my girls.

Is it snowing at your house? We had a little dip in the temperature here, which feels like our last hurrah before the heat comes. I'll take 70 and breezy over 94 in March any day.

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a photo of the dress! I saw this pattern on a blog last week and I really want to make it. https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2017/03/the-bistro-dress-pattern-is-now-available-in-paper.html

    That collar!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!