Friday, May 08, 2015

happy weekend


One by one, I've been checking big projects off of my to-do list and it feels great. You know that saying, "The best way to get something done is to begin"? I feel like that's what I've been doing this week. I've just been putting my head down and starting projects I didn't want to be doing in the first place. It might not be the most fun, but it's a sure way to get things done.

Something that has been helpful: the weather has been fantastic! Breezy and cool and completely unexpected. Nice weather makes everything better.

Work aside, it was a happy week. We got to celebrate our Elliot. He invited a few friends and cousins over for cake and a piƱata. It was low key and easy (and also very loud).

Mother's Day has really snuck up on me this year. It is always one of my favorite days. I know it can be a hard day for lots of women, but this is what makes it so great for me: I go about my regular motherly duties, and instead of expecting more help than usual, or more admiration, I try to complete my duties with more gratitude in my own heart for the opportunity to do the work that is required of a mother. Even the not-so-fun, really mundane tasks. It helps me to find joy in unexpected places throughout the day, and instead of ending the day feeling weird or sad, I end it feeling grateful for this life I lead, and for these little people I mother, and for this husband who is the best parenting partner.

I hope you will feel that joy, too. Let Mother's Day Weekend commence!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, I'm driving to my moms to surprise her, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure how to do that, my email is debrahoop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:13 PM

    I loved your thoughts on Mother's Day. For some reason I kind of hate it and your thoughts helped me feel better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple life is good with me. I don't need a whole lot. For me, a T-shirt, a pair of shorts, barefoots on a beach and I'm happy. See the link below for more info.

    #barefoots
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!