Saturday, November 01, 2014

Happy November

I was sweeping the kitchen floor this morning (I always do my best thinking while I am sweeping) and it occurred to me that it was November 1st! That means it's time to start my month of thanksgiving. I look forward to this project all year, but I have to admit that I had totally spaced it this time.

But I am here! And I am thankful!

What I love best about this project is that I find myself thinking about gratitude all day long. Of course there are lots of things to be thankful for everyday, but it's nice to put some extra thought into what I am most thankful for on that particular day. And then the challenge is to capture it with a photograph.

I hope you'll join in and either comment here or post on your own blog or instagram about what you are thankful for. I promise you'll feel an increase in contentment and joy in your life. I know I always do!


Today I am thankful for a quiet moment at the kitchen table with Stella and Elliot in the middle of an otherwise hectic Saturday. Stella was busy planning her upcoming birthday party, and Elliot has taken an interest in drawing our family. There is nothing sweeter than a family portrait from the perspective of a four year old.

Happy November, friends!


3 comments:

  1. Sweet kiddos. Today I am thankful for a house that I can have my children help me clean. I am also thankful for the cardboard boxes they dragged into the yard and played with together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I am grateful that even though I lost my pregnancy, I have three boys I was able to come home to when it was all said and done. I can see so clearly now how blessed I am. And what miracles those little ones are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. A clean house is a more than a precious blessing. Our job is to keep those blessings pristine, so that the good intentions and gestures that underline their transfer to your hands is something that must not only be ignored, but also imported into other matters of importance in this world. All the best to you!

    Bo Tolbert @ HJS Supply Co

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!