Saturday, November 08, 2014

for our neighborhood


When Mike and I first started looking at houses in Arizona, I was convinced that I wanted to be in the new part of town. Somewhere with brand new houses and lots of young families. Somewhere more like what we were leaving behind in California. But Mike kept driving me through the older, established part where he grew up. When we looked at a house on a whim that was in that older part of town, I was sold, and no one was more surprised than myself. I had such an overwhelming good feeling about it, we made an offer immediately. And here we are, 8 years later, still so happy with our decision.

Our ward held its annual Chili Cook-off tonight and the entire neighborhood showed up, just like they always do. It is so fun. I feel really lucky to live here, surrounded by wonderful, hard working, good people. It has been a great place to raise our family. I am thankful for our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!