Friday, November 07, 2014

for my Grammy


Everything my Grammy touches becomes more beautiful. Whether she is decorating her house, or tending her garden, sewing a blessing dress for a great granddaughter, or making dinner for a crowd, the result will be magazine worthy. I always think that if blogs had been around when she was a young mother, her's would have been the most-read of them all.

I love my grammy and I am thankful for the influence she has had in my life. She has shown me how to have confidence in myself, how to trust in my own aesthetic, and how to make something special out of nothing.

We are sending lots of prayers heavenward on her behalf today, as she struggles to wake from a coma in the hospital. I am thankful for her good doctors, and for the medical care she is receiving. There is so much to be thankful for, even during this difficult time.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I am so sorry that your grammy is ill. My thoughts & prayers are with your family. My grandma, 81, has lived a wonderful life, but selfishly there will never be enough time for us to be together. I want her here forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!