Tuesday, November 11, 2014

for being an American


Veteran's Day is one of those days that makes me really thankful to be an American. I believe that this country is great in large part because of the sacrifice of so many men and women in our armed forces. Look, I guess I can't say it any better than this:

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the man who died and gave that right to me. Cause there ain't no doubt, I love this land. God bless the USA!"

I hope you sang those lines and that they stick in your head for the rest of the day. :)


*photo of my Grampy Napa, when he was a pilot in the Navy at the tail end of WWII

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a treasure that picture is! And yes, that song will be in my head for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat photo of Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!