Friday, June 20, 2014

happy weekend


I've been trying really hard to unplug myself this week. This is what I've discovered: I don't miss technology! Life goes on and is more peaceful without it! But that doesn't mean that I am completely in the dark. I still keep up with my close friends and family on Instagram, and I am so grateful for it. For instance, how else would I see adorable pictures like this one of my sister's chubby baby in England? Or how in the world would I find out that my brother's surfboards were featured on the Price is Right? Thank goodness for things that help us stay close when we live so far away from each other. But you know what? I don't miss Facebook or Pinterest one bit. And eliminating some blogs from my feed have only increased my feeling of serenity.

How do you manage these things? I'd love to hear your ideas.

We're headed out of town this weekend. Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I do miss your blogs
    Hugs
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been out of the country for 2 weeks and that pretty much forced my to unplug a bit. It was wonderful and I didn't miss anything. :) I actually deleted facebook from my phone too. I do still look at Instagram and post some photos but many of the people I follow are friends and family & it is fun to keep up on their progress. I've eliminated almost all of the blogs I read with the exception of a handful. I think we just need to find what works for us. I still like Instagram but for someone else it might be Pinterest. And the fewer we follow the less time we'll take 'checking in'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that sweet baby 5 weeks old already?! Time flies when you aren't the mommy of the newborn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygoodness yay. he's so tiny in that picture! he's already so much bigger. :/ i'm already pining for newborn-ness...!! (stop me from getting pregnant again right away! aah!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!