Monday, March 24, 2014

Warm Lemon Pudding Cake


I am in the middle of juicing and freezing our lemons, so when I was deciding on a dessert for Sunday dinner yesterday, I had lemons on my brain. And my kitchen counter. A quick Pinterest search led me to Warm Lemon Pudding Cake. Yes and yes.

The best part: during baking, a light, spongy cake forms on top, with a rich, puckery pudding beneath. Oh man, every bite was like a burst of warm sunshine. They were light and so lemony, and just about the most perfect way to end a meal on a warm spring evening.

I increased the recipe by half and had enough to fill 10 6oz. ramekins. (It can also be baked in a 1.5 qt baking dish, just fyi.)

This is a recipe I will make again and again, I just know it.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make this all the time, but I totally forgot about it! I'm so glad you posted this so I could remember it. It's seriously the best! I also think it's so awesome that it separates into cake and pudding while it cooks. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!