Tuesday, November 26, 2013

for hurried mornings, too


The hour before the kids leave for school is typically the busiest of my day. There is a warm breakfast to cook, lunches to pack, homework to sign, a Stella to wake, etc. A lot of days it leaves me feeling frantic. This morning, I took one look at Stella's sleepy, rosy cheeks across the breakfast table, and I decided to be grateful for it instead. I am grateful that I get to spend this hour with my children, and that I am able to send them off to school with a wholesome breakfast in their stomachs. I am grateful that once he is ready for school, Oliver likes to sit at the piano. I am grateful that most mornings, Mike doesn't have to leave for work until after the kids have gone. I am especially grateful when we take a minute to say family prayer before everyone leaves.

And then I am thankful for the quiet left behind for me and Elliot to enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed your beautiful gratitudes this month. Your perspective on family life (particularly being a mama) is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and have been reading for a while...not sure how I found you, but I'm glad that I did. What color are the walls in your kitchen? I love the color. Is is more green than blue? Do you feel the photographs capture the true color? Sorry for so many questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jenn. thanks for your nice comment! my kitchen is "garden shed" by martha stewart from the home depot. i love this color. it is subtle and light and definitely more green than blue. an accurate depiction is the third picture in this post: http://barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-floors.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I hope that you and your sweet family have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, i too love it when jay helps me through that hour before school -- such a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this post to all. I like white color in kitchen walls.Do you?
    http://www.luluhypermarket.com/GoodLife/the-picture-perfect-kitchen-zzrodi18.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!