Wednesday, April 24, 2013

my big black thumb


On precisely one day a year, I am in the mood to garden. Yesterday was that magical day. I got my hands good and dirty and replanted the pots on our front porch. We'll see how long they last. Did I tell you that I managed to kill a cactus last year. A cactus! Seriously, I'm the worst.

Also, a few weeks ago our front porch furniture was stolen. Little did the dummies who took it know that we had the exact same set on our back patio. So I moved it out front. And chained it to our water main. Take that, robbers!


8 comments:

  1. I was gonna say, did you get your bench back?? Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stolen patio furniture? No that's just silly. At least you've out smarted them this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! They stole your bench?! How rude! Love the picture of Elliot with the kitten in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who isn't naturally great with plants. I kill herbs, flowers, bushes...I don't think anyone in my family would be surprised if I killed a cactus. Best of luck with your spring pots! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are just awful. Our neighbors have this beautiful bejeweled wreath thing on their front door and I just keep waiting for somebody to come and take it. How sad that you can't have furniture in the front without worrying that it will be stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a black thumb as well -- killed the succulents I had in the sun room. i'm doing better at air plants, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the furniture. guess they thought they needed it more than you did. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. a friend of ours had their truck broken into and they grabbed the purse on the front seat, except it wasn't a purse with money. it had her scriptures in it!!! hope they read thy shall not steal in their:) good luck with your plants, i'm hoping to do a garden and most likely will kill everything because i'm that good at it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!