Wednesday, August 29, 2012

quiet time cuddles and other benefits


Stella and Elliot have never been the best playmates (something to do with Stella's strong will and Elliot's age, I think). But now that Elliot is a little older and they are home together all day, they have become the best of friends (mostly). This morning they spent hours in their couch tents, playing school, and working on their "computers". It was the sweetest thing, and left me with so much free time that I didn't really know what to do with myself.

Then Stella climbed into bed with me during naptime and showed me her best howls.

I'm so glad she's not at school.

4 comments:

  1. oh they're too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to laugh at the howling! For a while we had a 3-year-old who burst out into full blown wolf routines at the most inconvenient times. She had her head thrown back, facing the moon on all fours letting out lifelike howls at the store and lots of other places. It was quite a show. Thank goodness they grow up....and then darn, darn, darn they grow up. Sounds like you had one of those mornings you'd like to savor and save.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!