Friday, October 06, 2017

happy weekend


It's still too hot out, but my friend, Jill, and I went hiking this week anyway. Is it beautiful here? I don't know. Ask me again when it's not 97 degrees outside. We had a good hike, despite the heat. I like hiking with Jill because she is fun to talk to, but also because she keeps us moving at a fast pace. Sometimes I'm jogging to catch up to her and it feels really good.

We are heading in to our October break this weekend. I can't think of anything better than a week off of school right now! My kids have been working so hard, but they are beat and we all need to catch up on some sleep.

Do you quilt? When Mike and I were in Boston last week, I went quilt fabric shopping with my sister-in-law and her mom. They are highly experienced quilters and I was hoping some of their talent would rub off on me. I bought a little fabric and have been piecing some squares this week, but I must not be precise enough because they are turning out a little wonky. I'll keep at it, and read up on it a little bit, but I'll gladly take any advice you have to give!

One of my favorite quotes from the conference talks I listened to on my runs this week was from Elder Joni L. Koch's talk, Apart, but Still One. He said, "We have no right to portray anybody, including from our Church circle, as a badly finished product! Rather, our words about our fellow beings should reflect our belief in Jesus Christ and His Atonement and that, in Him and through Him, we can always change for the better!" Working on that ...

I hope you have a happy weekend.

6 comments:

  1. You always write such uplifting posts! Have you ever heard of the blog Posie Gets Cozy? She sells quilt patterns and has some great beginner tips on the subject...how to make the most of wonky! Good luck, what a fun thing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quilt some, now and then. Good blogs to look at are Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com and Jo K. at joscountryjunction.com. Bonnie has several websites tied in to Quiltville.com, a blog and a store too. Wonky can be ok, but Bonnie does explain how to get a better, more precise seamline, which I don't use, as I prefer to just eyeball a seam. I do rip out if it is too far off. It is fun to create a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!