Tuesday, April 25, 2017

weights + scriptures


When Mike brought home a humongous weight bench (that takes up almost our entire Arizona room and can be seen from the front door!) a few years ago, I thought he was nuts. But now it's part of my favorite morning routine.

Two mornings a week, in between the time that I send my big kids and my little kids to school, I lift weights and read my scriptures. Mike and I use the StrongLifts 5x5 app. I love that it is simple (just five sets of five reps for three exercises). The app keeps track of how much weight I am supposed to lift and counts down my rest time in between sets. I love that I don't have to think about it, and in between my sets, I can step into the kitchen and think about my scriptures instead.

Combining my scripture study with my weight training gives me time to focus and think about what I am reading. It forces me to slow down. I feel like I get more out of my reading, and lifting weights (something I thought I would hate) makes me feel stronger, have better posture, and feel more confident.

I look forward to these mornings almost more than any others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!