Monday, April 03, 2017

the prince of peace


The blossoms were popping in Salt Lake City this weekend. It was so fun for me and Mike to be there on Saturday during General Conference. We didn't attend the meeting, but we watched it in our hotel room nearby and then listened to some of it on Temple Square before we flew home.

Usually when I watch General Conference, I find a theme. My theme might be different than your theme. In fact, it probably is. That's the amazing thing about conference, we can receive inspiration that is personal and specific to us, even though the same messages are given to millions of people.

My theme can be summed up in a quote from Joseph Smith. When asked what the fundamental principles of our religion are, he answered, "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

It is easy to get caught up in the "other things." But Jesus Christ is the only thing that really matters. That is the message I heard at conference. That I need to know Him better than I do now. I need to study His life more than I do now. I need to follow Him with all my heart. And if I do, I will have His peace in my life, for He is the #PRINCEofPEACE.


I love this new Easter video and I am excited to explore some principles (like compassion and faith and gratitude and five more!) that will help me understand Jesus Christ better. You can learn more at mormon.org or by clicking on the banner to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!