Friday, March 17, 2017

happy weekend


I've been giving wisteria updates on my instagram feed this week. Just when I don't think it can get any more beautiful, I wake up the next morning to more leaves and fuller flowers. When we drive away from our house, I make everyone stop and admire it with me. Oh, I love it! I look forward to it all year long.

This is our last day of spring break. We have had the best week. We have mostly stuck close to home, which suits us all so well. I had to run a few errands yesterday and nearly had to drag Stella and Elliot along. They would have been more than happy to stay in the basement, but they needed some sunlight on their skin. The mornings have been cool and the evenings just right for a jump on the trampoline or a walk around the block. This morning we took advantage of our last day off to go on another hike. Even Mike came along. Seeing my whole family together made my heart grow a few sizes. I'll be sad to send them back to school on Monday.

We keep putting off the yard work, but tomorrow we are going to have to buckle down and get it done. We have lemons to pick and new flowers to plant and the lawn to mow. I'm excited to use the new hose I bought yesterday (it's kink free and won't leak!). It's the little things. :)

I saw this quick little video on Facebook and wanted to share it here. It has such a happy message:


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Our winter home is near an entrance to the Tonto National Forest not far from Lost Dutchman Park. It is so beautiful out here and I miss it so much the five months we spend back home in Illinois each year. We have hiked the Treasure Loop there, the Hieroglyphics Trail in Gold Canyon and trails out of First Water and Peralta trail head with our grands...great memories all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just can't imagine having that wisteria to say goodbye and greet each day! heaven. (the video's aces, isn't it:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!