Thursday, December 01, 2016

the star


I love to think about the night Jesus was born. In the middle of Christmas season busy-ness, thinking about this quiet story brings me peace and gives me proper perspective. I'd like to share some of my favorite pieces of the story this month, as we get ready to celebrate this miraculous night.

My friend, Reachel, reminded me of this quote about the star from Neal A. Maxwell: "Recall the new star that announced the birth at Bethlehem? It was in its precise orbit long before it so shone. We are likewise placed in human orbits to illuminate. Divine correlation functions not only in the cosmos but on this planet, too."

What a wonderful idea! The star was placed in its proper position before it was ready to shine. Just as Heavenly Father was aware of where the star needed to be, He is aware of us, and has helped us find our own personal orbit. With the same care that He placed that star over the stable in Bethlehem, He has placed me here, and that thought fills me with purpose and gratitude.

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!