Sunday, November 20, 2016

words from a prophet


The Sunday school lesson curriculum always references recent General Conference talks. I think if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I love General Conference. Today's lesson (which I didn't end up giving, as I was home sick with a monster sore throat) referred to Elder Vern P. Stanfill's talk, Choose the Light, and Elder L. Whitney Clayton's talk, Choose to Believe, which I summarized here. Both talks were meant to help my students learn to overcome doubt with faith. I love hearing the words of our leaders. I am thankful for the guidance they give us, for the things they teach, and for the love I feel from them. I am thankful to belong to a church that believes in modern day prophets. I can't imagine trying to navigate this life without their direction. I believe it comes from a loving God who wants to help us, and I am thankful for the words they speak, and for the opportunity to read their words again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!