Sunday, November 27, 2016

my faith


I never intended to talk about my faith so often on the internet, but here I am, doing it again. My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has formed every bit of my life. I was raised by faithful parents who sought the truth on their own as teenagers. They found it in this church, which I believe most closely resembles the church Jesus Christ organized when He was on the earth, and I am forever grateful for their dedication to it.

This Christmas season, the church is spreading the message that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world, and through acts of service, big or small, we can help spread that light. I love this short video that shows people like me serving like Him:


Each day for the month of December, we are encouraged to get out and serve. There are even ideas for each day provided here. Things like writing letters to parents or donating blood or praying for a friend who is going through something challenging. These are simple, easy things that can help us come closer to Jesus Christ and spread His light. I can't think of a more wonderful way to celebrate the Christmas season. I know I'll be checking in each day at mormon.org to see what I can do. I hope you'll come along.

I am thankful for my membership in this church. I am thankful for the things it teaches, that it inspires me to be better, and for the way it makes me feel. I believe that it contains the truth, and through that truth, I can be with my family after this life is over and live with Heavenly Father again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!