Sunday, November 13, 2016

my calling


Every Sunday, I teach the 15 year old Sunday school class at church. Sometimes we have really great discussions. Sometimes we don't. But every week I am grateful for the opportunity to serve them as their Sunday school teacher. Our church runs on volunteers. These opportunities to serve are called "callings". These callings come from our leaders through the inspiration of the spirit, and I am so grateful for them. My callings have helped me to stretch and grow and learn new things. They have caused me grief and joy and everything in between. And through them, I feel like I come closer to my Heavenly Father. So even if my class of 15 year old boys slump against the back wall of the classroom, avoiding my eye contact, I am grateful for the opportunity to teach and testify to them each week.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, especially how you can see the "stretching, growing, and learning" through the good days and the not so good days. One of my favorite sayings is, "God does not call the equipped, He equips the called."
    God bless you on your teaching journey.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!