Wednesday, October 26, 2016

a mid week update


I want you to know that forgetting yourself in service for someone else really works. I came home from helping a neighbor on Monday and my life felt so manageable (it is manageable, I was just having a small freak out). I have always known this, but it was nice to be reminded of it. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve. Really and truly. It is the best medicine.

Good news. I finished sewing one of the three halloween costumes that require my needle this Halloween season. It is pink and shiny and really twirly, and no, it's not for Stella! Mike and I are going to a Halloween party this weekend and costumes are required. Speaking of Stella, she had the hardest time deciding on a costume this year. After many internet searches and a family vote, she finally chose one, so I am headed to the fabric store today in search of blue gingham.

Bad news. Our cat brought in another rat last night. Luckily it was before we had fallen asleep. I heard the tell tale signs in the hall outside our bedroom, and sure enough, there it was, quivering with fear in the clutches of our cat, starting at me with its beady black eyes. It's become so common, I don't even scream anymore. Into the trap it went and off to our neighbor, who so kindly disposes of them for us. It's a team effort, this ridding our neighborhood of the rats.

If you're near a Krispy Kreme, stop by for some pumpkin spice doughnuts. Today only!

cute printable from Alexa Zurcher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!