Friday, September 30, 2016

happy weekend


I think one of the best things about being in first grade is that you don't mind homework yet. At least Elliot doesn't. He happily races through it each night, although he's usually doing it in the car when we're picking Mabel up from her bus, not at the kitchen table. The school year is coming along well. Everyone has settled in and they seem to be happy and thriving, even Mabel, who is at a big, scary high school and Mike, who is completely up to his eyeballs in school work.

Hey! It's one of my favorite weekends of the whole year! Not only is the weather feeling more "fallish" (If you can call 92 degrees fallish, which you totally can if you live in Arizona.), but it's General Conference! That means it's time to stay home in our pjs, eat cinnamon rolls, and listen to the leaders of our church share really inspiring and uplifting messages. The things I hear this weekend will buoy me up until the next conference in April. I know that if I am ready to listen with my heart, I will find the answers and assurances that I seek. I can't wait.

To get a feel for what general conference is like, here are a few highlights from the last conference:


You can see where and when to watch here. Have a cozy, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!