Friday, September 23, 2016

happy weekend


I've had it. I cleaned out my closet yesterday and put all of my summer clothes in storage. I can't even look at them anymore. But I think that worked, because it's only supposed to be 86 today! And our 10 day forecast doesn't predict any temperatures over 100! Maybe fall is here, after all? I'll take what I can get.

So, I'm not a career woman, obviously. Nor did I ever aspire to be, but I still found this post on 15 Career Tips from Smart Women really inspiring. My favorite: "What if joy is my only metric for success?" I've been thinking a lot about that. My life at home is a success if there is joy here, no matter what my life looks like at the moment, and whether or not I ever get recognition for my efforts. My parenting is a success if I feel joy when I am with my children, even if I parent differently than someone else. My running is a success if it brings me joy, even if I never get any faster. Do you get the idea? It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, or how anyone else is doing things, or if anyone else ever even notices, as long as what I am doing, and how I am doing it, is bringing me joy. I think I've always believed that, but I've never heard it put it such a succinct manner before. I really like it.

Tomorrow night is our church's semi annual Women's Conference. I am excited to watch it with my two girls. It can be viewed at lds.org. I always find uplifting and strengthening messages in this conference, and I am sure this one will be no exception.

Have a happy weekend!




1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your thoughts and feelings about family, religion and life. Thank you for sharing. The deliciousness of Fall is in the air here. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!