Wednesday, January 20, 2016

getting stuff done


Three things combined this week to help me get some things done around the house.

First, the weather changed. All of a sudden our days are sunny and bright and warm. Hooray for winter in Arizona! A change in the weather always seems to light a spark under me and get me moving. And not feeling frozen all the time sure feels good (don't remind me that I said that come July).

Second, I made a list. I am a big believer in lists. I was feeling really overwhelmed by the things I wanted to get done this month, but writing them all on one master "Winter To-Do" list made them seem more manageable.

And third, I just decided to get started. That's always the hardest part, isn't it?

On Monday, I wanted to see how many things I could cross off of my list. I was surprised to see that most of the things I've been worrying about getting done could be accomplished pretty quickly. I can spend lots of time thinking about doing something, but if I just knuckle down and do it, I'll be finished before I know it. Something that really helps me is setting a time limit for myself. For example, this morning I had 15 minutes before I had to meet my sister-in-law. Could I clean the kids' bathroom in that time? It turns out that I could!

Hopefully writing this down will help me remember how to break out of my funk next time it hits and all I want to do is lay on the couch and read a book for days and days on end.

Here's to doing stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Always so hard to get motivated, but when done I never regret it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspiring. I am in the final days before #4 comes and have a bit of a to do list left. Maybe if I just power through I can accomplish all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!