Monday, December 07, 2015

He is the gift



How is your Christmas shopping coming? Mike mostly finished ours last weekend, but we still have a few things to find. It can be overwhelming and stressful, and really distracting from the spirit of Christmas. I've been trying hard to bring that spirit into our home. I thought this little video was helpful, and a good reminder for this busy week.

Also, did you watch the Christmas Devotional last night? We missed it, but we're planning on watching it for Family Home Evening tonight. I saw this quote on the church's instagram feed this morning and wanted to share it here. It was taken from Elder L. Whitney Clayton's address last night:

"Because of the Savior born two thousand years ago in Bethlehem, there is hope--and so much more. There is redemption, release, victory and triumph. The wrong shall fail, the right prevail. No wonder a choir of angels suddenly appeared as a heavenly exclamation point to the angel's announcement of the Savior's birth, singing 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, and goodwill toward men.' No message could ever be more reassuring. No message ever was filled with more good will toward men. As the Lord taught, 'These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.'"

Those last lines are some of my favorite in the Bible. No matter what happens to us here on earth, no matter what heartache or disappointment or pain or trial we encounter, we can have hope because Jesus Christ has overcome it all.

Good luck this week!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right - the Christmas shopping is overwhelming to me and totally distracts from the feelings I want during this time of year. I remember reading that your husband does the shopping and I love that! Do you come up with a list together or does he just do it all and it's a surprise to you? My husband is willing, but I love finding deals and we both know we'd spend way more if he did it on his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello christen! we all submit our christmas lists to my husband. he chooses what to buy, how much to spend, and even does most of the wrapping. so come christmas morning, even i am surprised. it is the best gift he could ever give me. i feel like it frees me up to plan other christmas activities and traditions and to focus on the spiritual parts of the holiday.

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!