Friday, October 30, 2015

happy halloween weekend


Because painting my living room wasn't enough this week, I also completely rearranged the boys' room. The new set up is not at all the best use of space, but sometimes you just need a change, you know? It feels like a clean slate with the drawings and posters and stickers that covered the walls taken down and now I can breath when I walk in the room again.

I have some sad news to report. Mike accidentally left his bike at the park the other night and now it is missing. This is the bike that is our second car. He rides it everywhere! I'm not sure what we're going to do without it. We are praying hard that it shows up.

Have you baked pumpkin bread yet this season? Mabel made a batch to share with her friends at school and when she reached for the chocolate chips I practically swatted them out of her hand. It was an important lesson that she needed to learn. You do not defile my pumpkin bread with chocolate chips! Cream cheese frosting, totally. Chocolate chips, no way. Am I right? Or am I right? Right. Right.

I am looking forward to the start of my month of thanksgiving on Sunday. This is when I post something that I am thankful for every day for the month of November. It is such a great exercise in gratitude! I hope you'll consider playing along. It always leaves me feeling happier, more content, and more generous, too.

But first we have to survive Halloween. Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. I put chocolate chips in pumpkin bread. Oy. I hope we can still be friends. And I hope you find Mike's bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SIL's pumpkin bread is her special "thing" and she brings three versions: plain, with nuts, and with chocolate chips. Two years ago when our 12 yo grandson asked what they were, his mom said "that one is chocolate chip bread" so he ate it and loved it. Now I bake it especially for him and I don't think he has ever realized that it has pumpkin in it. Fine with us!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!