Friday, May 15, 2015

happy weekend


I don't want to jinx it, but it is mid-May and it is still nice outside! I can't stress enough how unusual and pleasant this is. We are trying our best to soak it in. I've had the windows open all week. Oh man, good weather is heaven. And good weather on May 15 deserves it's own paragraph, for sure.

In other news, I found a mouse in our little office yesterday morning. A real live mouse stealing the cat food! I told Inez (the cat) that she was fired. After all of the roof rats and birds and lizards she has killed and brought into my kitchen, she ignores a real live mouse living three feet from her food dish. I screamed a lot when I saw it. And then I went next door to the world's best neighbor and borrowed some mouse traps. Truth be told, I am writing this post right now to put off checking the traps for a few more minutes. I just don't want to think about it.

Do you have any fun plans this weekend? I am hiking Camelback with some friends. I've never been, but the weather is supposed to be fantastic and I think it will be lots of fun (and also very hard). Then I am making Mike take me to see Far From the Madding Crowd because it is a period romantic drama and we all know those are the best kinds of movies.

Hope the weather is nice wherever you are, too. And have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!