Friday, December 05, 2014

happy weekend


This week was full of good Christmas-y things. And there will be even more this weekend, starting with Mabel's East Valley Millennial Choir and Orchestra concert tonight. This is her second year singing with this choir and it is such a wonderful experience. Their concerts always blow me away. I am excited to help out behind the scenes this time around.

Here's a good thought for the weekend: "Let us make Christmas real. It isn't just tinsel and ribbon, unless we have made it so in our lives. Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values. It is peace because we have found peace in the Savior's teachings. It is the time we realize most deeply that the more love is expended, the more there is of it for others." Thomas S. Monson

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. My kids are in the concert tonight too and I am so excited. I know it will be amazing and just what I need to get into the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!