Wednesday, November 26, 2014

for Him


It's not quite Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season has already begun. It's easy to get caught up in the gift buying, the decorating, the planning, and the stress that comes with this time of year. But this little video reminds us of the real gift of Christmas: Jesus Christ.

My faith is simple. I know that Jesus Christ lived on the earth, that He lives now, and that He will come again. I know that it is only through His infinite atonement that I can be forgiven when I make a mistake, that I can be with my family after this life, and that I can see my Heavenly Father again. It is my faith in Jesus Christ as my Savior that gives me direction and purpose. It gives me hope and peace. All things are possible because of Him. I am thankful for this knowledge, knowledge that came bit by bit, warm feeling by warm feeling, truth by truth. I hope this season we can all discover and embrace the real gift of Christmas.

But first, have a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!