Monday, October 20, 2014

beach pictures

We had a little photo shoot with our tripod while we were in California last summer, and Mike finally had a minute to edit the photos. I wanted to post them here before too much more time had passed.


I love this big family of mine. We are spread from Southern California all the way to Germany, with many stops in-between, and we don't get to see each other nearly often enough. This trip to the beach last July already feels like a dream. It was the first time we'd all been together in more than four years. For the sake of our children, I hope we don't wait that long to do it again. The time we all spent crammed in a beach house together provided some really great memories. My kids still talk about it all the time.


The original Parker 6. One-time blogger and current English teacher Leslie, me, surfboard shaper Matt, dentist Lincoln, business consultant Elliott, and soon to be PHD grad Julianne. We were all raised the same way, but I love to see the different directions our lives have taken. We share many similarities of course (things like our faith, our focus on family, etc.), but we are all living in such different places, with our own traditions and way of doing things!


The grandkids! Plus, my parents. I love this one. My parents look so happy. It must be because they are surrounded by their most favorite people in the whole world.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a minute of this night with my family and that ocean breeze right now.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:59 PM

    One of my very favorite family photos is one taken right before one family moved to Belgium with the Army. It was 30 years later before we were all together again at my oldest cousin's wedding. We found a similar setting in the parking lot and took the exact same photo - all of us in the same order. We added my little brother and one cousin had passed away in those years but I'm so thankful for both pictures. Too many year apart, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos of a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes can we please beam back for a night? If anything it was the last time Ben slept more than 4 hours in one stretch at night ;) and I miss everyone. Alas.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!