Friday, September 26, 2014

happy weekend


Stella is losing teeth left and right. That's what happens when you are almost 7, I guess. She wrote the funniest little note for the tooth fairy the other night, asking for something besides money. Bracelets or rings or cool rocks, she said. The tooth fairy only had money on hand that first night, so it was a pretty disappointing morning. After a trip to the store, however, the next night was a success.

And now here's the part where I complain about the weather: I don't know about you, but if cooler weather doesn't come soon, I am giving up. Giving up! On everything! And by 'cooler' I mean not-100 degrees, so it's not like I'm even asking for much. Give me the high 80s, for heaven's sake! (Actually, it's supposed to be rainy and 90 tomorrow so I'll stop complaining. Until next week when it's too hot again.)

If you need me today I will be sitting in front of a fan, drinking ice water, imagining wide open windows, crisp breezes and chilly mornings, just like I have been for the past 4 months.

Have a good weekend!

p.s. My kids loved the Parent Trap! It is such a classic. Keeping with the Haley Mills theme, I've just requested Pollyanna from the library. Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Stell is really growing up loosing those teeth proves it. She is keeping the tooth fairy busy. We have had really hot weather too but today the high is 85 and that isn't bad but 90 95 e t c is awful. I feel for you with the high temperatures for so lon at a time. Love you bunches and give Stell a big hug for me. Hugs for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We arrived at our winter home here yesterday and are doing our best to adapt to the heat so that we can accomplish some outdoor chores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOVE Pollyanna - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    Gold Coast Kitchen showrooms
    Gold Coast Kitchens

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!