Friday, May 09, 2014

mother of seven


We've had a house full of cousins this week. My little kids have been in heaven. Stella and Ellie have successfully traded wardrobes, Chase and Elliot have fought all of the bad guys, and Mason has kept us all on our toes. I have had a few moments that made me question my ability to mother, one middle of the night cookie baking session, a late night trip to Filiberto's for nachos, more bowls of ice cream than the past six months put together, and a few really good runs. (Apparently I blow off steam by eating junk food and running. At least they cancel each other out, maybe?)

This is what I have decided: Oh man, I am not cut out to be the mother of 7. Four I can do, but 7 is definitely pushing it. Hats off to the mothers of many children. You have my admiration forever and ever. The good news: we survived! And we still like each other! They really are adorable children, it's just been sort of hectic at our house, and we aren't used to that.

I am looking forward to taking it easy this weekend, and let's be honest, probably all of next week, too.

What are you looking forward to?

Have a happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a stress eater too and always with sweets. Wishing you a nice, relaxing weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And some people think that four is an insanely large family! I remember the shocked and strange looks we got with our four little girls when we first moved from Utah to Washington. It didn't help my homesickness any!

    I wish I were relaxing! We are having a garage sale because, well, actually it's partially your fault,you minimalist!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!