Monday, February 10, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars


I always wanted to be the sort of mother who had freshly baked cookies waiting for her children when they got home from school. It just seemed so cozy and sweet and old-fashioned. I don't do it as often as I used to (trying not to eat sugar and all that), but when the kids had an extra early release day last week, Elliot and I thought it'd be fun to have these oatmeal chocolate cookie bars waiting for them.

They were thick and rich and oat-y. Unless you have lots of people to share them with, I'd suggest cutting the recipe in half. That's what I did, and I still managed to spoil my dinner and have some left over to deliver to a friend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to make these RIGHT NOW. Thank you! This is exactly what I'm craving. That and pumpkin muffins. Hoping to bake both : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were a HUGE hit. Thank you again. One change I made--sprinkled sea salt on the chocolate layer. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are really amazing. I love these chocolate chip cookies. Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us. Check out my special oatmeal chocolate cookie recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!