Friday, November 15, 2013

for our school


There has sort of been a lot of drama at our school this year. Blah. Some of the parents and teachers aren't happy with some of the things the principal has done. It is unfortunate, because I think it is the children who suffer in these situations.

However, drama aside, I am grateful for our neighborhood school. Our family has had nothing but the best experience there, with the most wonderful teachers who work so hard on my children's behalf. I feel very lucky each morning as I hug them goodbye, knowing that they are safe and happy at school. (And right around the corner, too, so they can come home for lunch if they want to!) I am grateful to live in a country that educates all of its children. Sometimes I think we take that for granted, but it really is such an amazing thing.

This morning, Elliot and I watched Mabel and her team dominate the Battle of the Books. They got a perfect score, and are in the lead as they head into the next round in February. Yay, Mabel!

1 comment:

  1. i, too love our school. we chose our home based on the elementary school and high school our kids will attend so a lot of research went into our choice. i volunteer two days for four hours each day in my kids' classrooms and i love more things about it than i can retell. i may be doing mundane things but my presence there is helpful, anticipated and appreciated and i love how that makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!