Monday, November 04, 2013

for my little elliot


Everyday for the last week or so, Elliot has wanted to wear a white undershirt "like dad". So after we sent the big kids off to school this morning, our first stop was Wal-Mart for a pack of plain white tees. We picked up a few other things on our list, smiled at the cashier, and then headed across the parking lot to the scout shop. On our way we sat for a minute and watched the men in the cherry pickers put up the shopping center's huge Christmas tree. It was very exciting. We ended our morning with a trip to the park, a quick bite of pb&j, and then books on the couch and hugs on the bed. Now he is napping and I am realizing what a good morning we had together. I am so thankful for my little Elliot, and for these days where it is just the two of us. I feel like he has practically grown up overnight, and that makes me sad and excited all at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. It's totally adorable that he wants to wear a white undershirt to be more like his dad. There's something so precious about the way little kids love their parents so much they want to do everything just like them. And he sure is rocking it! But it won't be too long before he's got his own grown up "white undershirt", either. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving my days with violet and ames too. Feel pretty lucky we get to spend them together, doing as we please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks adorable in his white shirt. There is something about him that reminds me so much of my boy. Elliot is way more blonde but maybe it's their cherubic little faces?
    I'm joining in your thankful posts! (also linked back to you in my first one)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!