Monday, August 26, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cake


This cake in no way replaces cinnamon rolls. But it comes awfully close. It is more like a coffee cake, and would be good to serve at a brunch or a baby shower. This weekend, I brought it to a funeral. That worked, too, I guess.

Cinnamon Roll Cake, from my friend, Brooke

for the cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix everything together except for the butter. Then slowly stir the melted butter into the batter before pouring it all into a greased 9x13 pan.

for the topping:
1 cup softened butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Mix these ingredients together, then drop evenly over the top of the batter. Swirl into the cake batter with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes.

for the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix these together and drizzle over the warm cake. (I needed to add a little more milk to make mine the right consistency for drizzling, just fyi.)

9 comments:

  1. That looks heavenly. Must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been thinking of hosting a back to school brunch for neighborhood moms, and I think this would be prefect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds delicious!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! And cute girlie! Can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave this a test run today and thought it was a keeper! Loved the delicate crumb and the cinnamon roll flavors without all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming. ν† ν† 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information λ°”μΉ΄λΌμ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was my excitement discovering your site last night. I came here now hoping to find out interesting things. I was not dissatisfied. Your ideas for new methods on this subject were useful and an excellent help to myself. 온라인경마

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. λ©”μ΄μ €μ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!