Wednesday, March 27, 2013

our favorite banana bread


I've probably posted this recipe before, but after baking my third loaf this week, I thought it was worthy of a repost. It is sweet and soft and just exactly what a banana bread should be.

Banana Bread
makes one loaf

2 1/2 cups flour, or 11.9 oz
3/4 to 1 cup sugar, depending on how ripe your bananas are
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2-3 ripe bananas

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your pan. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Mash the bananas, then mix in the sugar, milk, and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

One loaf doesn't last a day at our house. It is one of our favorite after school treats.

10 comments:

  1. I'm trying this today! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, didn't you use to have a different banana bread recipe? The one with the cinnamon? I thought I got it from you anyway! That one is my favorite, because it is so easy as well as yummy! Should I be switching to this one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious-don't blame the kiddos for a yummy snack.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this last night! It's fantastic! I love your non bloggy blog. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the string for? Banana bread is one of my favorite treats! Let's have a bake off sometime and compare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just put this in the oven for our FHE treat. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the melted butter for greasing the pan or do you add to the batter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. add the butter to the batter, katy.

      Delete
  8. I’ve been looking for a great banana bread recipe for years. This one exceeded my expectations.

    Gretta Hewson
    NEXTFLY Phoenix SEO Company

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve tried A LOT of banana bread recipes but this is hands down THE BEST I have ever made. I can’t get over how good it is. It’s definitely going to be my go to now. Thank you for this recipe!!

    Hannah
    Ford 7.3 Powerstroke injectors

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!