Monday, January 21, 2013

Lemon Sugar Cookies



I'm still up to my ears in lemon juice. I finally finished juicing our supply this weekend. I was looking for a quick recipe to bring to Sunday dinner, and these cookies fit the bill. According to Mike, they were "surprisingly good". High praise from that man.

They were chewy and a little crispy (but soft at the same time), with just the right about of lemon. I didn't have sanding sugar, so I rolled mine in granulated sugar, without flattening the tops. I baked them for just over 14 minutes, and removed them almost immediately to the cooling rack (instead of leaving them on the cookie sheet for the 5 minutes called for in the recipe).

If you are looking for a new cookie to try, these get a big thumbs up from us.

2 comments:

  1. These look so good. I think Simon and Mike would get along .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look great! Can you add a pin it button to your blog? I'd love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!