Friday, November 30, 2012

this little life of mine


Well, here we are at the end of another November. Did you feel more gratitude this month? I sure hope so. I think that's the real secret to happiness: recognizing the good things in life (big or small) and being thankful for them. I know that even when things are hard or sad or unfair or whatever, there is always something to be thankful for. And if I can focus on that good, then the bad seems to fall away.

Stella, Elliot, and I went for a bike ride this morning and ended up at the park for a bit. Along the way, we visited with my sisters-in-law and picked up my nephew Chase. As I sat on the bench with the sun warm on my neck, watching the kids play, I felt happy. My life is not perfect, but it is full of more good things than I can count. And for that feeling of intense contentment, I am so thankful.


photo last May by Leah Davis

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I totally agree! And that is a great picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    And thanks for the idea of the thankful posts...it was so wonderful thinking about all my blessings each day this month. :) Now I need a little break from posting, haha...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are so cute. i am so grateful for you and for your little family and that we will all be together eternally! what a beautiful thing that is. that even cousins and nieces and nephews are bound together. happy december!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the gratitude challenge, Stephanie! We really are so blessed, aren't we?! And your family make the cutest photos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:06 PM

    I am grateful for your blog! You always make me smile with the seeming perfection of your life. It really is perfect, isn't it, you just don't wanna make us feel bad?! ;) (Also, every time you post about how much Elliot likes to cuddle I forward it to Neal so that he too will know what we're missing out on with our non-cuddler. Too bad virtual cuddles aren't a real thing.)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!