Tuesday, January 10, 2012

winter white


Mabel sang with a small children's choir on Christmas Sunday, so I thought a new dress was in order. Let me tell you something, every little girl needs a pretty white dress. They work for every occasion and every season. This time I used Simplicity 2460, but altered the sleeves. I used a cream handkerchief linen and lined the inside with remnants from a wedding dress alteration I did a couple of years ago. I love the way it feels, and I think Mabel does, too.


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. She looks like a little you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me realize how old our kids are getting. she looks so grown up . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph this dress is adorable and this picture is you in miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that dress for little girls but I would love to wear it too! You are right, white dresses are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And her singing was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful idea. ruby loves finding white outfits to wear and pretending that she is a bride. i pretty white dress would be perfect. mabel looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! you are an amazing seamstress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. steph, it's gorg. and les is right - the kids are so old now... exciting but kinda sad too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks adorable! Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!