Thursday, September 09, 2010

a blouse


One of my weekend projects was this blouse. I copied another blouse I had in my closet but never wore because it was silver. (Yes, I said silver. It was shiny and silver. Eeek!) It was saved from my closet purge because I loved the style and fit. I took it apart and copied it in a pale pink handkerchief linen. (Much classier, don't you think?) This is easy to do. Do you have something hanging in your closet that you love, but maybe the color isn't flattering, or the fabric is cheap? Copy it!

I'm glad I did. And now I think I need it in at least 6 other colors.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! That is such a good color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I think I need it in 6 colors too :)
    PS do you always get up this early? Is that your "secret"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this style... and a great color, I agree! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Steph. Like your choice of fabric.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed! It looks great on you. I wish I was that talented. I would love 6 shirts in that style too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love everything you make *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color! And the style. Very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'll buy one if you make any extras.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh...can I have the silver one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and love it! You are amazing-- I love your "uniform" idea...
    I need to think more about that- but I have a question/fav to ask.

    I have a calling in church to work with the young women- we have a program called Personal progress ( I think you probably are familiar with?) :0) I started a blog- to document my progress with this program.. www.swirlsewsimple.blogspot.com
    and I was wondering if you would/could share any simple sewing ideas for young girls who would like to re-style and update T-shirst and skirts etc..?? You seem very talented and knowlegeable in this area!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!