Thursday, February 18, 2010

bitten by the bug at last


Yesterday I went through my fabric stash and made myself a purse that is big enough to double as a diaper bag. Then I made some throw pillows to finish off Oliver's new beds. And I found some fabric to remake the crib bumper for this baby boy. I was serious when I said I couldn't spend any money on the nursery re-do. It's a good thing my stash is in good order.

I was wondering if it was going to happen this time, but I am happy to report that I am now in nesting mode. I love nesting. I love that it makes me do things like inspect every inch of our baseboards for dust. Because our baseboards totally need to be spotless before we bring a new baby home. :)

I'm even gearing up to install the paneling in Oliver's room, with or without Mike. Well, not really. I don't quite have the brawn required for something like that. But I am getting anxious to cross that project off the list. It might not happen for a while, though. Because let me tell you something. Opening a frozen yogurt shop while simultaneously keeping another business afloat keeps a guy busy. I'm hoping he'll be home for dinner sometime in the near future. We miss him.

But the free yogurt is definitely a perk.

If you haven't been to Yodipity yet, the big Grand Opening is this Saturday! I'll see you there!

21 comments:

  1. This is a totally delicious bag - perfect dual purpose and looks fabulous - I've been thinking I need something like this for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute purse/diaper bag! I'm happy to see frozen yogurt joints popping up here and there again. I love frozen yogurt! Now- I just need one close to me! Good luck to you and Mike both with this new business venture, I think you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is fantastic. I need to see the other finished projects, some pictures please! I hear yodipitys yogurt is so yummy, I need to take a trip over there asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute bag. The pattern looks similar to one I made my mom for Christmas.
    And I can't wait to see what you do for the crib bedding. I think we need a fabric sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I wan trying to figure out how you were looking so slim behind that bag...Duh! Look a little closer!


    Cute bag! Your own design? How do you have a fabric stash that is full of pieces large enough to do whole projects? Do you just see it on sale and save it for a rainy day? I should do that...but then my budget would really be in trouble!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bag. I need a new nappy/diaper bag but I bet I can't find one as cute as that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that bag.

    And I wish Yodipity was closer... not that it's far... but it could be closer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so like my Christmas present from Ginger. I use it for my knitting stuff, and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously. How big is that bag and how much would you charge to make one?? Does it have pockets and/or other goodies inside? You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. one Sunday i was picking something up off the kitchen floor and ended up cleaning all of the spaces on my cabinet doors where two pieces of wood butt up to each other and dust had collected. i found the best tool for this was a toothbrush...i was in my last trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bag! I'm so glad your Grand Opening is on Grant's birthday. We might need to bring him in to get his first taste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the fabric! i heard dad was spying on you at yodipity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the fabric on your purse! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your bag is lovely. oh that i had a fraction of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea..Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bag is just too adorable, you have given me the inspiration to go through my fabric collection!
    Best wishes for the grand opening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:41 PM

    wow i am in love with this fabric and it's soo pretty as a bag! congrats on your upcoming baby #4, wow you're a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That fabric and that bag pattern are perfect! Would you mind sharing the name of the fabric (if you know?) and the pattern for the bag (though maybe it's your own?). Otherwise I will be obsessively Google-ing until I find it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi erin

    i'm sorry, but i have no idea what the name of the fabric is. i got it on sale in the home dec department at joann's one day.

    and i used another purse i already had for the pattern. i just made a bigger version of it.

    i'm so sorry, i am absolutely no help!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're inspirational - which is plenty of help!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!