Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bored People are Boring

I have an uncle named Roger who loved to tease me when I was little. He would always ask me things like, "Is it hard being you?" If he heard me complain about being bored, he would inevitably say, "Bored people are boring." I am sure that there is a little bit of truth in this, but as an 8 year old, I hated to hear it.

Well, last night we were bored. So we went for a little walk/bike ride around our neighborhood. Here are some highlights.

Oliver wishes this was his bike.
Personally, I think it is a tad girly for him, but he doesn't seem to mind.


Can you spot the baby in this picture?
I guess he saw a dog and decided to follow it at top speed.


I was feeling generous and let Mabel stay up past her bedtime
to help me bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They are Mike's favorite.
She had so much fun giggling and being silly with her daddy.
Sometimes you just have to ignore that darn clock.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, your kids are so cute! Elliott must have heard that line from Roger too, because whenever the boys say they are bored he says, "Only boring people are bored."

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!