Tuesday, January 31, 2006

As Bikers in Zion

Yes, we have returned to the land of Zion. At least that is what my new neighbor, Peggy, said. She was kind of kidding when she said it, but I know that's how she really feels about this town. This morning we went for a bike ride. After a few times around Mike's parents' block, we ventured across the big street to our new neighborhood. It was fun, but near the end of the ride, I looked back to see Oliver, hugging his little soccer ball, with his face pressed against the plastic window of the trailer, eyes closed. My legs were tired, too, so it was time to head home. I couldn't help but sing our college biking anthem, "As Bikers in Zion," in my head as I rode. It brought back lots of fond memories of riding around Provo. I love riding bikes. Apparently, so do the rest of the Courts. Look at this gaggle of bikes on their patio.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of the word gaggle, as well as remembrance of our sisterly biking anthem. Those were the days. I'm glad you're in my Zion now.

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!